Re: Exteral Requests Procedure

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 01:15, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 10:57:57PM -0700, Anmar Oueja wrote:
> > Hello All:
> >
> > We should have some sort of procedure on how to interact with external
> > requests. This relates to CVS accounts, log files being emailed.... etc.
>
> All CVS related issues are to be submitted via bugzilla. This procedure
> has been outlined and emphasised several times. If it is not part of the
> welcome message, please do add it too ;)

It is great that we have a procedure. Could you please tell me where is
it written so i can quote it in future emails. I checked the CVS- Howto
and could not find anything mentioning bugzilla or how to get a
CVS-committing account.

> > I have Mr. Al-Rashdeen looking to get emailed dictd log so he can better
> > check the frequency of the words and collect better statistics. Not sure
> > if I can do that for him from an Arabeyes.org policy point of view.
> >

> All external communication is to be Bcc'd to 'arch'. We have been doing
> this for a long time now and I am not sure how what you are describing
> above is any different.

Sorry. It seems that i was not clear enough. I wanted to know if you
guys would allow me to email or post dictd log so people can read it. I
was wondering if there was a policy related to that. That is all.

> > This was just one example of why we need some sort of procedure for
> > dealing with external requirements.
> >
> > Cheers Anmar.
> >
> > P.S I am adding this to our next meeting Agenda.
>
> Sure.. I will just repeat the above at the meeting ;)

Hehe.... I knew you gonna say that ;)