Re: CVS accounts procedure

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 11:34:10AM -0700, Anmar Oueja wrote:
> Some of the new memebers are asking for CVS accounts. What is the
> procedure for this please ?

They need to know exactly what they will be contributing to/with (ie.
documentation of ____ .. translation of ____ , patches to ____).

If it is development related work to a specific project then they must
first write their patches and submit them via bugzilla. Once the
maintainer of the project is happy with their contributions they can
accept them to write directly to their project (then their account is
created).

If the project is translation related, they need to submit their sample
PO's to the maintainer of the translation project and once the quality
is approved then they can have their maintainer approve their write
access and I will then create their account.

If the project is documentation related they send me a sample of their
work and then their account is created once I approve them.

Please do make those amendments to the template welcome messages
(re-word as you see fit).

When a user registers, their initial password (The ones they create) is
the same as their cvs password.. that also is tru for the username. Ie.
the first username/password you create when you register is the same as
your CVS. However, you only have 'read' access. you cannot commit. Once
their commit access is approved (as outlined above).. they will get
their commit access.

Regards