Re: CVS accounts procedure

--- Anmar Oueja <anmar at canada dot com> wrote:
> Some of the new memebers are asking for CVS accounts. What is the
> procedure for this please ?

 I'm not sure myself.  This info needs to be noted in the welcome
emails that we send.  In the past M.Elzubeir would give them that
access but I'm not sure how he decided when/how/what.  I do remember
hearing conversations/emails in which people were told "show us your
work and your commitment and we'll give you access", but again I'm
not sure what exactly that translates to and how its quantified.
I had also seen previous mention of people being told to upload their
files to bugzilla.

If you aren't confused yet, let me keep talking :-)

Just kidding...  We'll have to wait for M.Elzubeir to reply.

On a related topic -

1. What do we do with people that apply with an invalid application
   (not real name and/or no about info and/or no how I heard about
   arabeyes) ?  Should we just email 'em and tell 'em their info
   is not complete and leave it be or after some time delete their
   entry or what ?

2. With the recent missing 'banner' thing - I've noticed that some
   of the registered emails are no longer upto date.  In other
   words, I register with email me at here dot com and after six months
   my email changes to me2 at there dot org - how do we tell those people
   to update their account info on arabeyes ?

   A simple suggestion to resolve this,

     Once a month (or every 2 months or whatever), all valid CVS
     users get a "hello" email which should just be ignored.  If
     the email bounces, someone gets notified (us or a list or
     whatever) to go hunt for that person.  That person should
     be rather easy to get a hold of since he/she are still
     committing files.

Sorry for the tangent - just some minor headaches here and there.