Re: Some Bad news and some good news

--- Anmar Oueja <anmar at canada dot com> wrote:
> Well after much surgery, and lots of metal bending... the machine is in
> a very good shape. The SCSI card and its fan are seated correctly and
> the machine is booting with no problems at all... I am gonna leave it
> running all day to burn it in and make sure we are not going to have
> problems later on

I would still want it fixed - we should not settle on possibly having
problems in the future.  A perfect machine was sent, a perfect machine
is to be received (Ahmad notes that he's already in contact with the
"claims" people over there).  See if there is a close-by IBM shop or
service center or something to get a quote.

> BTW, we need to decide if we want to setup RAID on this box or Sync or
> whatever befor I got ahead and set it up.

Mohammed, comments ?  I'm not the prefect person to talk about such things.
But as this machine will live in an external site, is RAID a problem ?
Should we do both (for extra paranoia) - I'm assuming we'll continue to
download tarballs to burn onto CDs for backup, etc - no ?

> What is the root password for this machines ?

It was mailed - check your various mails from Ahmad.