Re: OSS followup

--- Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi arabeyes org> wrote:
>   I've just talked to Ms. Ghada from the MOICT.. It seems that she sent a
> reply to Nadim with the questions that he asked .. but it seems that Nadim
> had been busy in the past 2 days.. o she will resend them to me .. and I will
> forward them to arch ..

I was out of town and away from an internet connection; sorry.

>   She received a confirmation from our side that I will be in the event as a
> speaker. I will receive further information from her, and I will meet with
> them prior to the event to coordinate everything ..

I suggest you ask for our inclusion (ie. arabeyes') in their listing of
presenters.  Remember, the project name is what we need to spread and
propel and as such it needs to be paramount; that theme should also be
present in the presentation verbally throughout.

> We will have about 45 minutes .. Issues that we will present will be the
> same as in the slide .. About Arabeyes, Open Source, Linux, Our efforts,
> Projects, "More About Projects", how you can help, "more about how you can
> help" .. and so ..

Let me know if anything needs to be added/modified; we want to have a
complete presentation for this event and any others that might follow.

> The topics in quotation are the one that we will add to the Presentation.. we
> have 45 minutes.. I know that I can elaborate about one slide for minutes ..
> but still to make the presentation more rich more topics should be covered..
> They want in us what they need in the conference .. a Case or Example of an
> Open Source Project for/from/to Arabs.. And this is exactly what we are, and
> what we would like to show.. So there is no conflicts in interests here :-)

I'd suggest a second presentation which goes into more detail and would
also show them various screenshots (before and after are very impressive).
Also make a point of repeating that YOUR data (where your is whomever is
listening) should be transformed and converted to UTF-8 as soon as possible.
That will give linux/unix users more content to view and move us away from
any CP-xxxx proprietary stuff.

> I will continue communication with them through email and Phone keeping you
> updated all time. I await your advise and help and directions for this PR
> work when I am in need for it. I will start practicing by walking on the
> streets and talking out loud :-)

In terms of PR - I would highly recommend using 'arabeyes.org' instead of
any of our names (again, the greater goal is to keep the project ongoing
and should be above all else which is a greater good).  It would be ideal
to have their website note our inclusion - if there are any pamphelets
or documents, scan them so that we can include them in our news section
in the 'about' page.  I would also recommend a week prior we do 'Arabeyes
has been invited to present at ...' on the usual places (l4a, LUGs, etc).

I'll start a new thread soon (privately) on my advice on what to expect
and how to conduct oneself, etc.