Re: Linux .kw/KDE progress?

On Friday 08 November 2002 20:39, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir arabeyes.org> wrote:
> > What is the status of the Linux Kuwait proposal? The last I've seen was
> > Dr. Salah's email to us.
>
> We very much need to keep tabs on these things and not "roam free" on
> such important things.

Ù‹Well the arch is updated with the latest communication .. and the latest
communication with them was more than a week ago .. the last thing we reached
is that they agreed on what we proposed, and they agreed on what we proposed
.. he said that he checked out the PO files from the CVS and that he got the
CVS account (Elzubier .. did he? ) .. and now they are doing some in-house
work .. it seems that they will not commit periodicly and constantly .. this
would cause some conflicts when they are done .. as the files in the CVS
would be changes and different that what they started with .. I am thinking
of asking him to send me the translated PO in a tarball to check it and
resolve conflicts by hand .. This is the current status..

> > Also, I think you will soon have to represent Arabeyes at the Jordanian's
> > MOICT OSS Conference (as per email from Mr. Nabeel Fayoumi). This would
> > be a great opportunity to put Arabeyes on the table.
>
> And along those lines - we have a generic linux presentation (which I'll
> update with a background change soon) which will be available for download
> soon, but we ___need___ a presentation that is more Arabeyes centric with
> more detail.  We should work on an outline to get it completed and reviewed
> in time (prior to this meeting).  I was also thinking, post more contact
> with Mr. Fayoumi (and his OK), that we publicize the heck out of this --
> this is our FIRST invitation to speak at a conference :-) so we should
> certainly make the best of it.
>
> We'll need to find out how much time we'll be give and really really really
> conduct ourselves (ie. Isam :-) very professionally with lots of practice
> on speach delivery, etc.  Linux and our work needs to sound very
> professional and very fun with lots of results.
>
> > Please do contact them (instead of waiting for them to contact us back)
> > -- we need to be more pro-active and less reactive to those things.
>
> Let's wait a couple of days (until say Monday) and then I agree.

Around here Fridays, and Saturdays are off for government offices .. so he
will not read Nadim's reply until Sunday .. and giving him 1-2 days
afterwords is suggested ..

About Presence in the conference .. I can not hide the fact that I am not very
good in public events, standing on a stage is not something that I would
willingly go for .. but on the other hand, the issues discussed is of greater
interest to me, and if Linux, and Open Source efforts to Arabize Linux is the
issue that we should present, I would be glad to, but I need to do some
practice before .. I am no professional Public Speaker .. What I would dream
to happen is that the conference happen to be in the day that Nadim Maybe in
Amman ..

Anyway .. we do need to prepare a presentation .. Power Point is OUT OF
QUESTION .. as we should present Open Source Technologies .. About the
Contect .. I remember that Nadim or maybe Mohammed did a PDF presentation ..
is it somewhere in the Site ?

Yours
Isam Bayazidi