Re: Linux .kw/KDE progress?

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir arabeyes.org> wrote:

> What is the status of the Linux Kuwait proposal? The last I've seen was
> Dr. Salah's email to us.

We very much need to keep tabs on these things and not "roam free" on
such important things.

> Also, I think you will soon have to represent Arabeyes at the Jordanian's
> MOICT OSS Conference (as per email from Mr. Nabeel Fayoumi). This would be a
> great opportunity to put Arabeyes on the table.

And along those lines - we have a generic linux presentation (which I'll
update with a background change soon) which will be available for download
soon, but we ___need___ a presentation that is more Arabeyes centric with
more detail.  We should work on an outline to get it completed and reviewed
in time (prior to this meeting).  I was also thinking, post more contact with
Mr. Fayoumi (and his OK), that we publicize the heck out of this -- this is
our FIRST invitation to speak at a conference :-) so we should certainly
make the best of it.

We'll need to find out how much time we'll be give and really really really
conduct ourselves (ie. Isam :-) very professionally with lots of practice
on speach delivery, etc.  Linux and our work needs to sound very professional
and very fun with lots of results.

> Please do contact them (instead of waiting for them to contact us back) --
> we need to be more pro-active and less reactive to those things.

Let's wait a couple of days (until say Monday) and then I agree.