Re: logo

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 10:39:06AM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> OK - one _very_ experienced calligrapher
>
>   http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hassan.massoudy/

Wow.. he did the cover for a Khalil Gibran book ;)

> Says he wants to help.  He wants the words to calligraphy noted
> exactly in arabic (I'm assuming in CP-1256) which is no big, I
> can do that (iconv to the rescue :-). But the question I'm posing
> (for a final time) is what do we want it to be.
>
> My vote is the following,
>
>  1. 3arabayz     (in arabic)

Yes.

>  2. Arabeyes.org (in english but done in arabic calligraphy)

Nice extra to have around.

>  3. 3ain al-arab (in arabic - I don't like this since it has nothing
>                   to do with the URL to our website - the idea is to get
>                   people to see the logo, read it and say ah, ok thats
>                   a website).  I would have wanted to add ".org" to
>                   option 1 above, but that would be too weird I guess.

No ;)

> I want to send this out ASAP to get it done with - any comments ?

You can tell him that he can put a .org next to it or not, let him be the
judge of it. I think he can tell if something looks appropriate or not. But in
all cases, it is not #3. Suggest to him that we wouldn't mind another one in
English (#2) if he feels like it, but it would be a luxury item.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir