Re: logo

On Thursday 07 November 2002 20:39, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> OK - one _very_ experienced calligrapher
>
>   http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hassan.massoudy/

He seems to be good in general ..

> Says he wants to help.  He wants the words to calligraphy noted
> exactly in arabic (I'm assuming in CP-1256) which is no big, I
> can do that (iconv to the rescue :-). But the question I'm posing
> (for a final time) is what do we want it to be.
>
> My vote is the following,
>
>  1. 3arabayz     (in arabic)
>  2. Arabeyes.org (in english but done in arabic calligraphy)
>  3. 3ain al-arab (in arabic - I don't like this since it has nothing
>                   to do with the URL to our website - the idea is to get
>                   people to see the logo, read it and say ah, ok thats
>                   a website).  I would have wanted to add ".org" to
>                   option 1 above, but that would be too weird I guess.

What About "Arabeyes" in english without the ".org" ?
4. Arabeyes ( English)

What about Bi-lang logo? ( Arabeyes - 3arabayz) ?
I am not for a purly English Logo .. specialy that it will be in Englush
Language .. I find the Name "Arabeyes" really nice .. and I do like it .. but
if there should be a logo .. then it should be either Lang-Nutral ( like a
Picture) or bi-lang