Re: Arabic distro (Haydar revisited)

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at fakkir dot net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 03:05:17AM +0100, Haydar wrote:
>

> > The installer "BURAQ" will not "and it is not possible to" be open
> > source until version 2 of Haydar Linux but it will always be free, this
> > is one of my partners conditions.
>
> It seems that he may have misunderstood us on the 'everything open' etc.
> Simply note that this only covers items put on our CVS repository..
> He can do whatever else he wants with his own code, we have no right to it.

So it needs to be noted that some things are open and others are not.
This project, if you will, is not truly open then (just a thought, no
need for comments).

> > As i mention before, Haydar Linux is a Haydar Net project and it has
> > it's own page, you can link to it and/or mention that you are helping
> > Haydar Net in it's project but not making it your own project and i
> > don't think you mean to take somebody's work and have it in your name.
>
> This in particular is a blessing ;) It takes away a lot of the complexity
> that I thought of. As per my conversations with Nadim, on how to treat
> the Haydar page, etc. Since this will simply mount to adding a link to his
> HaydarLinux page (a permanent one that is -- on the right menus), it
> will make it very simple, and no overhead. Perfect. Of course
> projects that will go 'outside' of the hydarlinux/ cvs, will obviously
> have their own projects/name.php pages. This makes a lot more
> sense.

I am at a loss then - if this is NOT considered an internal project
or a project that we help with and have a page for - why are we importing
anything into CVS -- it sounded like haydar does NOT want a page on
arabeyes (which is odd, given that we have external projects).  My opinion
here is to ask him if he has any issues with the project being treated as
an external project.  We should NEVER have CVS files and work that is
not accounted for anywhere on our pages (meaning, if we are going to work
on anything on haydarlinux, and we are going to import files, then we
need to have a haydarlinux.php (or distro.php) in place)

If he opts for external status, then we need this in CVS

  /projects/external/distro/haydarlinux

Other than that it sounds OK to me (I still don't know what is expected
from us, beyond us working on the 5/6 stand-alone projects noted before)