Re: Arabic distro (Haydar revisited)

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 03:05:17AM +0100, Haydar wrote:

> The installer "BURAQ" will not "and it is not possible to" be open
> source until version 2 of Haydar Linux but it will always be free, this
> is one of my partners conditions.

It seems that he may have misunderstood us on the 'everything open' etc.
Simply note that this only covers items put on our CVS repository..
He can do whatever else he wants with his own code, we have no right to it.

> Haydar Linux is a project of "Haydar Net", and Haydar Net have the right
> to partner/invested with anyone we want.
> This also means that you will have all rights in anything you create to
> partner/invested with anybody you want. and this include projects of
> other parties, because these parties will have all there copyright to them.

Looks like we all agree on that.

> As i mention before, Haydar Linux is a Haydar Net project and it has
> it's own page, you can link to it and/or mention that you are helping
> Haydar Net in it's project but not making it your own project and i
> don't think you mean to take somebody's work and have it in your name.

This in particular is a blessing ;) It takes away a lot of the complexity
that I thought of. As per my conversations with Nadim, on how to treat
the Haydar page, etc. Since this will simply mount to adding a link to his
HaydarLinux page (a permanent one that is -- on the right menus), it
will make it very simple, and no overhead. Perfect. Of course
projects that will go 'outside' of the hydarlinux/ cvs, will obviously
have their own projects/name.php pages. This makes a lot more
sense.

Otherwise, looks like we can start w/ importing his code and handing
them user accounts, etc.

I'm excited ;)

later