Re: Charity license

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 06:07:40PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> Read ~nadim/cvs/arabeyes/projects/qamoose/COPYING and tell me if
> you still desdain it.

Again, my objection is not to the genuity of the charity-of-choice,
it is to the whole introduction of this concept. "disdain" is such
a strong word ;) Let me elaborate -

I took a look at lifeusa, and it pains me to see the numbers
they present. However, I still do not find Arabeyes to be the
appropriate platform for such advocacy.

If it comes to donating to some charity vs. Arabeyes, what's
next? What's our priority here? You even put donating to the
charity over donating to Arabeyes!

What we are doing in Arabeyes is a form of charity, is it not?
Are we not donating our time and blood pressure to this project
and the benefits it brings to our world? What is our focus, the
problems of the world or *n*x Arabization?

I will not question the legitimacy of one charity or the other,
it is a simple matter of principle.

later