Re: Charity license

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 05:28:52PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> I'm thinking out-loud here about creating our own charity-like
> license - so bare with me :-)

I am sorry, but I am completely against the whole concept. I personally have no faith
in charities whatsoever. I do not wish to contribute to any charity of any
kind (especially human rights, blablabla, etc.).

I consider this kind of contribution to be of political/religious nature. Whether you
can prove otherwise by technicality, it does not change the nature of
any charity's operation.

I do not wish to impose my views in this matter. However, if you want to support
a certain cause, a certain people, your own people, whatever.. Arabeyes
should not be a platform for it. I read VIM's intro w/ distaste. It makes me
feel like I am being forced propaganda -- nevermind how noble the cause or even
possibly the results. There are other ways to support charities, but not
through Arabeyes.

Are we losing focus?