Haydar - Re: Arabic distro

Simply archiving this email message - don't reply.

 - Nadim

[
 date:  Wed, 09 Jan 2002 01:41:12 +0100
 from:  "Haydar" <haydar at haydar dot net>
 to:    "Nadim Shaikli" <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
 cc:    "Chahine Hamila" <mch at chaham dot com>,
        "Isam Bayazidi" <bayazidi at accessme dot com>,
        "Mohammed Elzubeir" <elzubeir at fakkir dot net>,
        halkaduhimi at chello dot nl
 title: Re: Arabic distro
]

Dear Nadim,

I have redden the Thoughts you sent and i don't find any problem with it
"in other words, i found it very good" because i only want to add to the
linux world and not dominate it.
About what i have discussed with Mohammed, the peoples who are working
with me in Haydar Linux have said that it is OK to put our programs in
your cvs, but it should be in a separate directory
"/haydarlinux/program-name" and Haydar Linux be mentioned in your pages,
this is to make sure that no body is taking other persons work without
mention his name.

I have also sending you below some information's about what we are
working on and what we need.

Already Assigned programs:
===================
1. Operating System Installer: its name will be BURAQ: the name of the
   horse of Prophet Mohammed when he rides to the sky.
2. Building and customizing RPMS.
3. Partition manager.
4. X configuration.
5. Sound Configuration.
6. Windows Manager.
7. HTML Editor: Haydar HTML Editor.
8. Notepad.
9. PPP program.
10. Massager that support ICQ, AOL and MSN.
11. Arabic text rendering and hijry date library depends only on
    standard C++ libraries.
12. Address book.

Programs that not yet assigned to anyone:
1. Translating messages in /usr/share/locale/ar: this needs translating
   many messages such as these in glibc-common.
2. Arabizing OpenOffice "StarOffice": http://www.openoffice.org
3. Simple Drawing program
4. File Manager/Internet browser.
5. Mail program.
6. Auto. Network configuration.
7. Media Player, with ask and mpeg4 compatibility.
8. Net Meeting compatible program.
9. Arabic Xterm.
10. RPM based installer.
11. GUI CD recording program
12. Backup program that can be integrated with the File Manager.
13. Date time program, which also support hijry dates.
14. A program that can do the job of Direct X.
15. System and drivers configuration.
16. Fonts Installer.
17. EMACS Arabic support.
18.

Programs for a later period:
1. Office compatible applications:
 a. Word processing with the ability to import/export to MS Word.
 b. Excel compatible program.
 c. Power point compatible programs.
2. Advanced Drawing program.
3. Front page look and feel program.
4. Sound recognition software and sound based input.
5. TV program

Please send me any suggestion or idea,

Best regards,
Haydar Alkaduhimi