Re: ACE again

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 08:47:11PM +0200, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> Salam ..
> 	I got an email from AbdulHadi, checking if I got his reply about the COM (
> Contributor Of the Month) idea ..
> 	I will email him back teling him that we are interested in his ideas, and
> happy that he volunteered .. and tell him that we are in a middle of contact
> with active LUGs to get their feedback .. I guess that I should note that it
> should be ain regular time bases, that means that his idea of having it
> weekly will be hard to acomplish .. so we are sticking with the Month bases ..
> but I guess that there is no probelm is having 2 contibutors acknowledged
> each month as long as AbdulHadi got time to follow this project ..
> I think that I will urge him to subscribe in General List .. of you think
> this project ( small one) should not hit the general list yet ?!

I strongly suggest you emphasise on the need of 'spreading it out' (ie., one
contributor per month). As we have discussed before, overdoing it will result
in us running out of people, not good ;)

I am yet to receive any replies from any of the LUG's I emailed. The only one
who responded was Dr. Khaled (SaudiLUG) and he said he is not the person in
charge of the SaudiLUG. He forwarded my message to Abdulrahman (asj at linux
dot org dot sa).

On another note, I have also changed things around a bit in the LOCALCVS (as
you must have noticed by now). ITP has sent us some more questions that we
need to answer ASAP.

I'm having a really crappy day at work today, and won't be able to do more
until I get back home (after 5pm CDT). If anyone finds the time to fill any of
those out, feel free. They're only five questions, and can have short and
sweet answers. I also directed him to our mailing lists if he wanted to talk
to 'linux end-users' as he likes to call them ;)

BTW: Isam, did you get a chance to test Akka? The current version on CVS
should be up to date. It's really hard to commit those changes w/ an outdated
tarball ;) With multiple copies all over the place, I ended up committing
auto-generated files then removing them ;)

later