Re: My next Arabeyes projects...

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 02:06:59PM +0100, Chahine M. Hamila wrote:

> I agree with both you and Nadim.
> That said, all I'm asking for right now is:
> a subdomain, and a contact address (that points to core, me or you and me for
> example...)
> I will set up a page explaining the project (ok, we might need a logo as well).
> This is insignificant in term of work done, and won't divert effort from the
> rest...

If you say so (although I don't see how this won't divert you from helping us with
the very basics of Arabization -- you do realize that you are one of the most
experienced people we know on the subject and so you should feel more pressure on
your shoulder to direct/help us as opposed to doing off-shoot projects).

Having said that, I will create the tyka.arabeyes.org subdomain
(chahine at arabeyes dot org) already exists (feel free to add a ~/.forward file or
whatever you want). I don't know about the logo though.

As far as 'core', nothing points to core, and nothing should. This is a private
internal list only.

> I will check as per Nadim's request the thing about XFree86 and see what is that
> tempts me more (sorry, I didn't have time to do it yet Nadim). I will either do
> the bidi thing next, or the XFree86 then. (setting up one page for TYKA wouldn't
> divert my efforts on any of these;))

Sounds good to me ;)

> Forgot to change the keycodes. In any case, it'll be easy. FreeBSD's compilation
> should run fine to the extent that a Linux x86's version runs fine provided you
> use the BSD tools for managing fonts and keyboard layouts in the configuration
> files (and in config.h at compile time).

Hrmm.. well, FreeBSD compilation won't run not only because the port is incomplete,
but now with the deprecated glib-config I simply can't compile it on FreeBSD. I wish
you could tell me more about chonfigure and glib-config so I can switch akka over to
use pkg-config. The differences are rather subtle. pkg-config is available on
arabeyes.org if you would like to test it.

I am sorry I wasn't able to test akka last night.. I will do so today.

later