Re: Newsletter location

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:12:43 +0200
 "Isam Bayazidi" <bayazidi at accessme dot com> wrote:

> Salam
>         OK .. the newsletter is there.. I will send it to yo Moe later today
> (in hours, after I get your reply to this message) .. I need to include a
> link to where the newsletter could be found in the Arabeyes site .. please
> tell me the location ? will : http://www.arabeyes.org/newsletter/  will do ?
> I will put the newsletters in html forms, and include the header.inc and
> footer.inc ( PHP) .. two files are involved (news-nov-2001.php , and
> news-nov-2001-ar.php , or whatever name) Should I include the header and
> footer ? what about the arabic page ? I will make the encoding cp1256 for
> easier view for it ..

Mohammed, its of course completely upto you, but a good place for it would
be under Resources (a new section akin to HOWTO, PAPERS, and now maybe
NewsLetter (with side-by-side setting).  It would be cool to have pdf files
as well (just in case).

November 2001 (english)         (Arabic - windows CP-1256 encoding)

In terms of header/footer/right/etc -- it would be nice to have 'em, but
totally upto Mohammed how he'd like to handle this.

>         Any suggestions ? Need to ask in the general List about anyone
> who can give few hours everymonth to do the Newsletter, no need for a
> technical background, good english/arabic language .. I will leave setting
> qualifications ( not really hard ones :-) ) to You ( specialy Nadim)

Isam - I would suggest posting to general and to doc (two separate emails)
in which the following is said (or something similar - both to announce the
newletter and the URL for it and to ask for help).

### sample email - begin

I'd like to inform you that we've started a monthly NewsLetter showing
in a glance News/Releases/Info related to the various work being done
at Arabeyes and else where which affects Arabic linux.

  http://www.arabeyes.com/WHATEVER/PATH/Mohammed/DECIDES

Having started this effort, I would like to see if someone would be
interested in taking a bigger role in writing future NewsLetters.
NO technical qualifications are necessary - if you speak/write English
and Arabic and are rather accessible (in terms of replying to your
emails, etc) then you are well qualified :-)

Please contact me with your interest - your help is much appreciated.

### sample email - end

As for lastname, its like its noted in English - Sha'7ley.