Re: IMPORTANT STUFF

Heeeh... I'm not sure I expressed myself well enough:)
There *is* money, and that's why I am saying we could get Arabeyes involved.
Let me give you a very simple example: when developping the GUI for this soft,
you will need a toolkit. Instead of taking the MS one, we could decide to use
GTK for Win32. Now, GTK is not arabized. So we could consider it as part of
this work to be done when submitting the project. Arabizing software like GTK
falls very much inside the scope of Arabeyes, and so is creating new free Arab
software. It would NOT be done on a volunteer basis, but on a very paid one.
IOW, I am saying that when submiting the project plan for funding by the
government of Aragon, we can seize the opportunity to drop in a "bit" of
arabization without telling them it's for arabization's sake but selling it as
part of their software development's work (though leaving the free parts under
free licenses of course). Got the picture?
Your commitment would come if the idea seems appealing enough to you, in the
sense that you guys would do the effort of writing down a plan, while I would
take care of the rest of the administrative work (hey, I'm becoming an expert
in that;)).
Interested?
Y'allah, salam,
Chahine
PS: Mohamed or Nadim, please delete these messages from the archives, they're
too serious to be left on an internet storage. Thanks.
PPS: Nadim, es mismo mejor para el proyecto si estais interasados que hables
espaņol:)
PPPS: Nadim, yes, I thought about developing the stuff in Syria, and kind of
hinted it actually, but the government of Aragon wouldn't want to fund
something that would be produced outside Spain (which means, if you are
involved and most of all IF we get the funding, you would come in, all
expenses paid of course, at least temporarily, for the summer or whenever it
suits you. Insisting on the IF)...

Nadim Shaikli a *crit :