Re: IMPORTANT STUFF

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:07:37 +0100
 "Chahine Hamila" <HALCON11 at terra dot es> wrote:

>                   So he asked me to submit a project whose goal is to
> create a piece of software that would teach Spanish to Arab adult
> immigrants. I will send you details of what he would like to see in such
> a soft, but it might get funding from the Aragonese government if
> seriously presented (and might not of course, no need to start dreaming
> until one sees the money ;)).

[snip snip]

> Guys, with your experience in technical arabization (plus Mustafa's
> linguistic expertise in teaching Arabs foreign languages) I could try to
> get you involved and have some serious things done here.
> Please don't have any illusion, and I insist on this, most projects
> always end up being only that, projects. But if you guys tell me that
> you want to be SERIOUSLY COMMITED, and I meant it when I say I need your
> SERIOUS COMMITMENT on this, I can invest my time on it if you make an
> effort, because who knows, we might get something after all (arabization
> + job and/or free tourism in Europe for you;)).

Chahine, I certainly don't speak for the others - but this completely
falls outside what arabeyes was set-up to do (developing customized
software wasn't something we were looking to do any time soon);  with that
said if there is funding involved, then your Syrian (as well as other)
connections might come in very handy is getting the actual work done with
us giving whatever expertise and advice we can.

I am not sure what you mean by COMMITMENT - I'm not sure what there is to
commit to since things are not solidified yet.  I do think that it would be
beneficial for arabeyes to be involved somehow, but I don't think that any
of us should sacrifice introducing Arabic support to the world in lieu of
developing custom software (given that there is no money involved).  If
there is payment, then as noted I would highly suggest farming the work to
someone else and having us be in charge of the project.

Those are "my" initial thoughts.

BTW: I speak a bit of Spanish :-)

Hasta Luego Senior - si necessita mas informacion, nos pregunta :-)