Re: sourceforge

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 01:24:47PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> How do you create an account on this sourceforge thingie (Yah, I don't like
> it and would much rather not go there all together esp. when we are in the
> midst of all of these things -- Gnats, CSS, VIM, mail-list email addresses,
> etc).  Is there a URL for the account (and how to tie it to arabeyes, etc).

a few things -
  a. gnats would be unnecessary with sf bug/task tracking
  b. css is a luxury item
  c. the mailing lists and other mail related items will remain on
     arabeyes.org

https://sourceforge.net/account/register.php

> Instead of doing the move outright, would a mirror initially be OK ?  So that
> we can flush any problems, etc.

A mirror would be more work, the idea is to eliminate work.

> Mohammed, it would be advisable to do a complete switch all of a sudden
> instead of doing an incremental type of an approach - alas, just my opinion,
> you certainly have a great deal more experience in this than I do.

Agreed. Incremental 'internally', but when I put out a message about it, it
will be a complete move (whatever that move entails). I am outlining the move
plan so you guys can review it.

Don't panic, yet ;)

| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/     |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                    |
| University of North Texas            | http://fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |