Re: sourceforge

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at fakkir dot net> wrote:

> a few things -
>   a. gnats would be unnecessary with sf bug/task tracking
>   b. css is a luxury item
>   c. the mailing lists and other mail related items will remain on
>      arabeyes.org
>
> https://sourceforge.net/account/register.php

Reluctantly, I registered (nadim was taken - booo) as 'shaikli'

For the record - I second Chahine's "puke" comment - I utterly don't like
the move and/or anything SourceForge has to offer with the exception of
disk space (I utterly despise their setup and their whole layout and their
mousy freakin' font and ....).

I'm gathering we'll have a means to upload everything that is currently on
arabeyes to sourceforge (mysql, CVSweb, ssh, shell, etc) ?

This might not be a politically correct question - but why are we moving ?
Bandwidth ?  You think this is sustainable (people are curious after a
package release - but that usually passes after a week or two, no) ?

We also will then be under the mercy of a slow-moving beaucratic project
(didn't it take like a month or so to switch a project make from aunyx to
arabeyes ?)

Why not just do a mirror like,
  http://fvwm.sourceforge.net/   <-- mirror
  http://www.fvwm.org/           <-- home

We can just have the webpages on the mirror, but keep CVS, Gnats, Mail-lists
on arabeyes.

Alas, I'm done with this subject -- I think my views are known :-)