Re: [admin] Updates on the new website

Salam,

                 في ح، 19-02-2012 عند 00:55 +0200 ، كتب Mohammed Sameer:

> > > What we can do is to use drupal 6 + node_import to import the content then
> > > upgrade to drupal 7 :P
> > >
> > > I can also write a simple importer that can be invoked via drush if needed.
> >
> > Sorry if it's more work for you, but I prefer the latter.
>
> I can do it but it will take time. My hands are already full.
>
> Do you have a copy of the database somewhere ?

I do have read-only access to the database, and can get a dump (the
problem is that I don't know what's the best format for that; CSV looks
simple, but it isn't that easy to parse)

> > > If we want something minimal then:
> > > 1) Each project is a custom CCK node.
> > > 2) Contributors are assigned via the user reference field.
> > > 3) Notes for projects are another content type done via CCK.
> > > 4) Each note references its parent project via node reference
> > > 5) http://drupal.org/project/nodereference_url can be used to put an "add note" link
> > >   to each project.

Looking at this for drupal 7, I see that node/user references are not
part of the core (even though most of CCK is). There are multiple

* http://drupal.org/project/references
* http://drupal.org/project/entityreference
* http://drupal.org/project/Relation

References is the closest to drupal 6 CCK, and the only one to work with
nodereference_url, but there is a big warning that it's looking for a
maintainer and may be deprecated soon. It looks like the recommended
approach is to use entityreference.

What do you think of this?

> > That is enough IMO. But what's needed to actually show the notes below
> > the project informations?
>
> Views can do this too. Not a big of an issue.

Ok.

> > One other thing that would be useful but can wait for now is how to
> > handle todos, I've seen a few modules but most of them don't work with
> > drupal 7 (I guess this could replace Abdalrahim's
> > calendar-for-tracking-deadlines).
>
> I really don't know what's needed for the calendar and what's needed for TODOs
> so I can't think of anything.

At the basic level, what we need is a way to track (and communicate
about) upcoming deadlines for translation projects, to help contributors
focus on the most important things (and maybe get some new
contributors).

At the UI level, I don't know what is the best option to present this
information.

Regards,
Abderrahim