[admin] Updates on the new website

Salam,

For those not following regularly, we have installed drupal 6 on
Arabeyes server at http://drupal.arabeyes.org and we have a test
instance at http://abderrahim.arablug.org/arabeyes/

I'm looking at what modules we can use to have a better experience for
the site:
      * I think CCK (Content Creation Kit) and Views are must have.
      * Regarding mailing lists, I found mailman_manager which
        integrates mailing lists nicely with drupal. Another interesting
        module is user_mailman_register, it allows drupal to use the web
        interface of mailman to provide a better integration with the
        website (e.g. providing the option to subscribe directly from
        one's profile, or directly when subscribing)
      * Another module which offers better integration is listhandler
        which allows one to bridge a forum and a mailing list (like
        google groups). I'm not sure we really need this as it seems
        really difficult to setup. http://drupal.org/node/40777
      * wysiwyg allows to integrate editors (like tinymce) in drupal
        (which is nice, although I'm not sure this is really needed).
      * If we want a custom theme, I think the best way is to use a
        "starter" theme: I'm thinking about either tendu or blueprint.
        tendu seems the best starter theme for dealing with bidi, but
        blueprint does also support bidi, and it is based on the CSS
        framework with the same name (which I'm interested in learning),
        so I think either one will do. Anyway, we can get away with the
        default theme for now.
      * node_import seems a good way to import news and updates from the
        old site. I've already imported news and things seem to be ok
        except for a few items, I'll try to see what I can do about
        them.

That's all. Ideas, feedback and help are always welcome.

Regards,
Abderrahim