Re: [admin] Updates on the new website

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Mohammed Sameer <msameer at foolab dot org> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 08:55:57PM +0100, Abderrahim Kitouni wrote:
>       * Another module which offers better integration is listhandler
>         which allows one to bridge a forum and a mailing list (like
>         google groups). I'm not sure we really need this as it seems
>         really difficult to setup. http://drupal.org/node/40777

I don't think it's needed here as well. It might be nice if we can browse
the lists from the drupal website but having a forum might fragment the
efforts which are not that much anyway.
+1

>       * wysiwyg allows to integrate editors (like tinymce) in drupal
>         (which is nice, although I'm not sure this is really needed).

I'd not use it since normal people will not be posting anyway but that's
just my opinion.
I'm a "normal" person, I guess! :P
It's good to have something to facilitate and to enhance the look of the texts! :)

>       * If we want a custom theme, I think the best way is to use a
>         "starter" theme: I'm thinking about either tendu or blueprint.
>         tendu seems the best starter theme for dealing with bidi, but
>         blueprint does also support bidi, and it is based on the CSS
>         framework with the same name (which I'm interested in learning),
>         so I think either one will do. Anyway, we can get away with the
>         default theme for now.

There's also the jquery bidi module. It will set the direction of the HTML
elements per the unicode standard.

>       * node_import seems a good way to import news and updates from the
>         old site. I've already imported news and things seem to be ok
>         except for a few items, I'll try to see what I can do about
>         them.

Last time I imported data to drupal I ended up writing a piece of php code and ran it
using drush. I think because node_import was not available for Drupal 7.

> That's all. Ideas, feedback and help are always welcome.

How can we help ? I'd love to but I haven't much time these days.

Cheers,

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.