Re: to plone or not to plone

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 11:00:47 -0800 (PST), Nadim Shaikli
<shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
[...]
> > And since you are bringing all this to the table, let me put out my
> > plan. I would like to move out PHP site to Plone. Wiki to Zwiki. CVS to
> > SVN. Authentication for all would go through LDAP. Zope/Plone offer LDAP
> > integration, of course.
>
> These are all valid suggestions and thoughts - it would be best to
> outlines Pros/Cons (in their own threads) of what is being proposed
> versus what is deployed to make a full reasonable assessment.  We'd
> also need to tie-in the gallery and Gnats, etc to LDAP :-)

I've been trying to find as much info on this new solution as I can on
the web. One pro I see is that, since this is a mature CMS, it'll have
the functionality accelerate our mission to Arabize the website. That
really has been my top priority. So even if I hated everything else
about plone, I'm thinking it might be worth it just for this.

However it has to be said that Arabeyes.org has some very specific and
specialized needs. Like the voting system. There are things that have
to be absolutely tailored to fit our needs. We do need to secure a
Python hacker besides Elzubeir...

Abdulaziz,