Re: Elections php module

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:46:59 +0400, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 06:38, Omar Abo-Namous wrote:
>> Salam,
>>
>> so i created a bug-report and sent the files. (i did that dos2unix-thingie.)
>> There were some changes in the existing files and two new files
>> (nominate.php
>> and vote.php) as well as two new tables (elections and votes).
>> Could someone tell me as soon as possible, if it's ok? It's bug #214.
>>
>> And: it needs some testing. And perhaps some text-editing.
>>

> Okay, I just went through it.
>
> A few notes:
>
> 1. Preferably use drop-down menus for dates (one for year, another for
> month, etc..). I have no idea what's going on with the current one.
> You use one format (yyyy.mm.dd) and then (yyyy_mm_dd), etc. Just have
> them all as drop-downs.
okay. i don't know where i used yyyy.mm.dd but i'll change it to dropdown.

> 2. nominate.php doesn't display anything.
it only displays something when there is an election open for nomination. So
you'd have to go into admin.php, start an election then you'd see at the left
navigation "nominate yourself", you can select it and so on..

> 3. The vote are weird. There is no limit to the number of candidates and
> so it is better if you have t as:
>
> Candidate Name
> () Yes                 () No                     () No Opinion
> Candidate Name
> () Yes                 () No                     () No Opinion
>
> etc. At least you get to see the names of the candidates right
> there, instead of having to click on the drop-down menu. Order them
> alphabetically by their first name.
hmm, what does "no opinion" mean?? The elctions aim at selecting 5 out of x
candidates to do the core jub. Your way, it is possible for me to choose more
than 5 candidates. I admit, my way, you can chose a candidate more than once.
But that's why if that happens, the script returns to the vote.php and asks the
voter to vote again and not vote twice for the same candidate. Could you please
clear this out?

> 4. Why are the auto-increments in the sql tables more than 1?
i really don't know. You mean the line
TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=3 ;

the file was autocreated by phpmyadmin, i didn't intend anything by that.

Omar