Re: Elections php module

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 21:03, Omar Abo-Namous wrote:

> okay. i don't know where i used yyyy.mm.dd but i'll change it to dropdown.

I think the 'title' has a date in that format as an example (I suppose
it doesn't have to be a date, but it confused me).

> > 2. nominate.php doesn't display anything.
> it only displays something when there is an election open for nomination. So
> you'd have to go into admin.php, start an election then you'd see at the left
> navigation "nominate yourself", you can select it and so on..

Have it display a message stating that nominations are not open yet and
give a date of the nearest nominations opening. Ie. if there is an
upcoming set up election set, it should tell the user, nominations are
not going to be up until x date. Otherwise, if there is none, display a
message saying, there are no upcoming elections set.

> > 3. The vote are weird. There is no limit to the number of candidates and
> > so it is better if you have t as:
> >
> > Candidate Name
> > () Yes                 () No                     () No Opinion
> > Candidate Name
> > () Yes                 () No                     () No Opinion
> >
> > etc. At least you get to see the names of the candidates right
> > there, instead of having to click on the drop-down menu. Order them
> > alphabetically by their first name.
> hmm, what does "no opinion" mean?? The elctions aim at selecting 5 out of x
> candidates to do the core jub. Your way, it is possible for me to choose more
> than 5 candidates. I admit, my way, you can chose a candidate more than once.
> But that's why if that happens, the script returns to the vote.php and asks the
> voter to vote again and not vote twice for the same candidate. Could you please
> clear this out?

Hrmm.. okay, maybe you are right. Keep it as a drop-down menu then.
However, add 2 things:

  1. Each list must begin with 'N/A' and then followed by the names of
     the candidates.
  2. If multiple votes are made to the same person or more than 5
     people are voted for then it should return an error and ask the
     user to re-submit the vote.
     ie. validate that the votes are for a maximum of 5 without
         redundancy.

> > 4. Why are the auto-increments in the sql tables more than 1?
> i really don't know. You mean the line
> TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=3 ;

Yes.

> the file was autocreated by phpmyadmin, i didn't intend anything by that.

Okay, then I can omit that. I thuoght you might have your own reason for
it.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.openius.com/|