Re: Elections php module

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 06:38, Omar Abo-Namous wrote:
> Salam,
>
> so i created a bug-report and sent the files. (i did that dos2unix-thingie.)
> There were some changes in the existing files and two new files (nominate.php
> and vote.php) as well as two new tables (elections and votes).
> Could someone tell me as soon as possible, if it's ok? It's bug #214.
>
> And: it needs some testing. And perhaps some text-editing.

Okay, I just went through it.

A few notes:

1. Preferably use drop-down menus for dates (one for year, another for
   month, etc..). I have no idea what's going on with the current one.
   You use one format (yyyy.mm.dd) and then (yyyy_mm_dd), etc. Just have
   them all as drop-downs.

2. nominate.php doesn't display anything.

3. The vote are weird. There is no limit to the number of candidates and
   so it is better if you have t as:

   Candidate Name
   () Yes                 () No                     () No Opinion
   Candidate Name
   () Yes                 () No                     () No Opinion

   etc. At least you get to see the names of the candidates right
   there, instead of having to click on the drop-down menu. Order them
   alphabetically by their first name.

4. Why are the auto-increments in the sql tables more than 1?

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.openius.com/|