Re: Nomination module

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 16:14, Omar Abo-Namous wrote:
> Salam,
>
> hopefully i'll be able to present the first "version" on saturday isa.
>
> questions:
> 1. when someone nominates hinself, he's in! So the core doesn't get to influence
> that, right? (sure he has to have a cvs-commit...)

Correct.

> 2. Does the core still have the chance to nominate someone?

Yes. Although, coming to think of it, and as what abdo has said before,
generally I don't expect others to nominate someone else (most people
should nominate themselves). I am inclined to agree with him now (I
disagreed earlier).

Anyone?

> 3. There will be a property of the election named "open", as long as this
> property is "1" then you can nominate yourself, once it is set to 0 (in the
> administration menu) no body can nominate himself. ok?

Yup. However, this is best set to a 'time' as opposed to a boolean
value. Ie. We say, nominations are from yyyymmdd hh:mm to yyyymmdd
hh:mm. Once that time rolls in, nominations no longer are allowed. Same
as with the voting.

Let me know if you need any help with anything.

--
Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.openius.com/|