Re: Nomination module

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> > 2. Does the core still have the chance to nominate someone?
>
> Yes. Although, coming to think of it, and as what abdo has said before,
> generally I don't expect others to nominate someone else (most people
> should nominate themselves). I am inclined to agree with him now (I
> disagreed earlier).
>
> Anyone?

I'd say let's keep it simple - so, NO.  People will _have_ to nominate
themselves by themselves via the previously outlined form within the
nomination time window.  Its too much of a headache to put in all the
checks and balances for people to nominate anyone else beside themselves.

> > 3. There will be a property of the election named "open", as long
> >    as this property is "1" then you can nominate yourself, once it
> >    is set to 0 (in the administration menu) no body can nominate
> >    himself. ok?
>
> Yup. However, this is best set to a 'time' as opposed to a boolean
> value. Ie. We say, nominations are from yyyymmdd hh:mm to yyyymmdd
> hh:mm. Once that time rolls in, nominations no longer are allowed.
> Same as with the voting.

I agree with M.Elzubeir.  It would be best to have it be date/time based
instead.  I'd guess we'd need an 'election.php' (accessible from/by 'core')
to actually set all those dates and times, etc.

Salam and keep up the great work !!