Re: Getting things done

 --- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
[...]
>  3. Any comments/thoughts on Spam ?  We fixed one problem yet the open relay
>     issue is still there (meaning, any list member can be spoofed/forged as
>     recently happened to me).  Should we not accept any mails from open
>     relays (ie. institute RBL).
>
>       http://mail-abuse.org/rbl
>       http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/index.lasso

I have today received a message from 24547 at arabeyes dot org with subject Re: Hi.
This does not mean that there is anything wrong with Arabeyes mail server, just
I need to check if any e-mail is really from that domain; i.e. I need a spam
check on my side. In fact the e-mail didn't go through Arabeyes at all as I can
see from headers. This is the client's problem.

Last one was a different one, as the e-mail is verifiably from Arabeyes. If it
is stopped, this is fine.

By the way, the builtin filter in
http://www.postfix.org/BUILTIN_FILTER_README.html is not able to compare two
headers. It checks one line at a time.

Just a question. No one from the arabeyes.org domain should be able to send
from arabeyes.org server using smtp till he authenticates. And though POP
before SMTP is usable, it is not powerful enough. The solution is to use sasl.
I assume that it is already in place. If not please enforce it immediately. I
will be able to help through e-mail (I am behind a firewall with no possibility
of irc).

Salam,
Muhammad Alkarouri