CVS via HTTP Proxy

Salam,

As we have seen recently, some less fortunate people are in countries
with draconian proxy and firewall policies disallow anything but HTTP
access. This results in the inability to access CVS.

We have three options, with one of them being the only feasible one.

  1. Move to subversion - not an option since svn has some issues with
keyword replacement that I would not want to move to until resolved.
  2. Patch CVS with proxy support -- not an option since we can't expect
everyone to be able to easily patch and recompile their cvs client.
  3. Setup gnu http tunnel's hts(1) on sina (arabeyes.org) and amending
the CVS HOWTO to explain how to use htc(1) to tunnel to CVS via port 80
through their ISP's proxy.

Anmar, if you could please setup http tunnel server side on sina, it
would be super. Actually, you have been TODO'ed in our Apr. 28, 2004
Core meeting ;)

Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir