Re: Empty Registered

Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> > Shouldn't we have logic in there to catch this anomaly (ie. so it doesn't
> > happen again) ?  I'm still seeing usernames with '-' (ie. dashes) which
> > ought to be converted to '_' (ie. underscores).
>
> If my investigation is correct (I rather doubt it ;), this will happen every
> time the subscriber's email is faulty. However, if I'm not mistaken, there's
> a function that checks the emails... Arafat, can you confirm ? If so, my
> investigation would be false, which is very likely.

I think I found out why this problem occurred (well maybe).  The width of
the email address in the mysql database is say 30 characters long, but
when a user enters say 40 characters worth only the first 30 are accepted
(the later 10 are dumped).  I think logic needs to be added to check for
this case (ie. tell user - your email is too long or similar) and I also
think we need to increase the width of the email field in our mysql tables
(maybe).

This still doesn't explain why all the other fields were empty in the
sent email.  Oh well...

> About the dashes and Co., all you can do is file a bug report ;)

I think its already there (or was there awhile back).