Re: [Fwd: Offer of services]

Mohammed Elzubeir a écrit :

Please do not attempt to convert the site to something else.

OK. It's just that I feel that dealing will several languages and traductions, when your speaking of a living web site (with a lot of modifications and contributors) is not such an easy job at it seems.
That's if you don't want to translate only the navigation, but also the content of the site.

I'll just make a try to see if it's easy, then show it to you on my site (not on the real site, of course) and you'll decide.

I'm a bit lazy and don't like to do something if someone made it before.
At the same time, I saw in the "ToDo's" That you also need CMS using UTF-8 and translated in arabic. As I know one, it can be an opportunity to show it.
The good thing in the CMS I use (SPIP) is that I dont need to change a bit of your graphical interface. Not like most CMS that I know of.

We have already invested many man hours on this code

That's always the kind of answer I don't like from my would-be customers.
Do we need to stop advertising Linux because people in companie's "have already invested many man hours in learning Windows" ?

I will of course study what you did and take the best of it.
Don't worry, as I told you, I'm lazy, so I will take the easiest way.

and I am not in favor of using any ready made tool.

Open Source is not only Linux and you have a lot of real good "Ready Made Tools". As you have few resources, why not focus them on Things that need to be done rather than reinventing the wheel ?
The main problem on ready made tools, is usually that you have to follow them and patch whenever needed. That's the reason why I don't use a lot of them and just try to focus on some I need.
The good thing in ready made tools is that if tomorrow I don't have time to help you, you still have a community that can help you, not a single person.

Now anyway I'll be away from my computer for a few days, to be continued....
Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir