Re: Security check tools

well given that our entire site (well almost all of it) is home made, the real security threat is somebody executing some funky URLs that mess things up.

Razi has no firewall and no logging of any kind. Here are the ports that are in it. I can shut a whole bunch down if you guys want.

Port       State       Service
9/tcp      open        discard
13/tcp     open        daytime
22/tcp     open        ssh
25/tcp     open        smtp
37/tcp     open        time
68/tcp     open        dhcpclient
80/tcp     open        http
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
113/tcp    open        auth
515/tcp    open        printer
844/tcp    open        unknown
2401/tcp   open        cvspserver

All that security stuff should be added to the todo list of things for the new move.

Salam

Anmar

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
I've often wondered how safe and secure our site is, in recent browsing I
came across these two links which offer some much respected tools to help
out (esp. Nessus) and thought of at a min archiving them on this list.

  http://www.knoppix-std.org
  http://www.nessus.org

Hopefully once we have some time, we should run them to make sure we are
not vulnerable to any hidden issues.

Anmar, Arabbix is certainly higher priority than this, but as noted I'm
simply archiving these links for later use.