From: Arafat Mohamed
Subject: sql request
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 01:35:54 -0500

1) Is it possible to connect to the db remotely? I'd like to connect from my box for testing.

No. And as Mohamed Elzubeir once told me, it is not going to be available (security reasons).

True it is a security problem but we can pipe it through SSH if we really need it :)

2) Could someone set me up with permissions to do a sqldump when I need to?

I have the password but will not post it here... I am not sure what is the best way to give you the password ?
BTW, you are part of the arabeyes group but still you need to log in as arabeyes to have full access to mysql... etc .etc

Anmar