Re: Bug 67 - Cannot change about/pgp

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:18:42PM -0500, Arafat Mohamed wrote:

> > 1. Please use bugzilla to for comments regarding the bug.
>
> I will once I have an actual comment to make. Right now I'm just asking questions. ;)

This very conversation should be taking on places on bug#67 on bugzilla
;)

> I thought you guys might be getting an error message, which is why i asked <quote>if/what error</quote>. Like I've commented in the bug report, I'm not seeing this problem at all when changing my preferences. I do see an issue when changing others preferences. However, these are two different issues, handled by 2 different pages/scripts.

No, this is changing your very own preferences (although it does seem to
affect changing other peoples' information as well).

> I'd like to start by figuring out why you can't change your own preferences. In that regard, please try
>
> http://www.arabeyes.org/~amohamed/www

I have checked out the source and tried it on my homedir, which seems to
work fine. This is very diturbing.

> Yep. But I do like to cover my bases and get as much info/feedback as I can :)

Well, I have looked. There is no way for the site to let you know if
something went wrong. It says it successfully updated your preferences
regardless of whether it failed or not.

[We're talking now on razi, but this is just so people know what's going
on ;)]

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |