Re: Bug 67 - Cannot change about/pgp

Salam,

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 20:50:45 -0800
Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 09:58:06PM -0500, Arafat Mohamed wrote:
> > Salam,
> >
> > One more thing, could someone please send me a screenshot or describe if/what error you get?
> >

> Salam,
>
> 1. Please use bugzilla to for comments regarding the bug.

I will once I have an actual comment to make. Right now I'm just asking questions. ;)

> 2. No screenshot is necessary. It behaves as if things are updated and
> they are not. Why would a screenshot be necessary here?

I thought you guys might be getting an error message, which is why i asked <quote>if/what error</quote>. Like I've commented in the bug report, I'm not seeing this problem at all when changing my preferences. I do see an issue when changing others preferences. However, these are two different issues, handled by 2 different pages/scripts.

I'd like to start by figuring out why you can't change your own preferences. In that regard, please try

http://www.arabeyes.org/~amohamed/www

Log in. Select "My Preferences" in the right menubar. When you change about/pgp, you should see the sql query being sent as well a successfull message (or error if not). For those of you unable to change your preferences, please send me the text that you do get.

As for changing others' preferences, this is a different bug and I'm about knee deep in the code following the tracks. I will update as soon as I have something.

> 3. Have you attempted to look at the code?

Yep. But I do like to cover my bases and get as much info/feedback as I can :)