mo and mo usernames

Well, with wiki coming online and art.arabeyes.org finally being ready,
I think its time we REALLY looked into and did something about user
passwords and accounts.  Currently an Arabeyes user needs an account
for,

 + Each mailing-list
 + Arabeyes' website
 + Arabeyes' bugzilla
 + Arabeyes' CVS (if he/she has commit privilages)
 + Arabeyes' Qamoose
 + Arabeyes' wiki (new :-)
 + Arabeyes' art pages (to upload something)

I'm sure I've missed a few things as well, but this all seems like lots
of overhead and repetitious (and not to mention confusing to the newbie
out there).  So what can be done about this - I've heard "LDAP" thrown
around before and so read the following links to get an idea on what the
heck it is (I'm not yet sure it will solve all the above, but does sound
like a step in the right direction).

  http://networking.earthweb.com/netsysm/article.php/3088441
  http://networking.earthweb.com/netsysm/article.php/3095841
  http://networking.earthweb.com/netsysm/article.php/3107321
  http://networking.earthweb.com/netsysm/article.php/3287491

So is this something we ought to pursue or is there another option for
us out there (I know the 'art' site would benefit at a minimum).