Re: hdate question

--- Mohammed Adnne Trojette <adn at diwi dot org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 19, 2006, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > Does anyone know, WHO is the upstream or responsable and is it
> > possible to relicence it under GPL?
> >
> > I liked this console tool and my friends too, but since I do not
> > have the source I can not recompile it for Sarge or Etch.
>
> I have already tried to contact him but in vain. I suggest you use
> libitl.

He was contacted a long time ago and the reply was something akin
to (and I'm para-phrasing) 'I will not release it under open source'
and 'do not use my application' - which was the impetus to start
the Islamic Tools and Libraries (ITL) project [1].  With ITL you
will find something similar (superior even) via 'idate' and 'ical'.

[1] http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=ITL