Re: License Islamic Holy material

Salem,

i think theres many type of islamic holy materials for exemple the
holy quran and hadith echarif should be licenced (if not) as : u can
use it like u want (sell,ditribute,...) and u cannot modify it.

the second thing is the islamic programs created as open source
software should have a unique licence : same as GPL but u cannot
modify the HOLY TEXTS and the only one who have the right of that is
the author so if a mistake is found the author should be contacted and
he will fix the mistake.

PS1: i think such problem is high priority to protect our islamic materials.
PS2: i remember reading something about special license for christians
holy materials, anyone readed the license ? ill google for it ...

Respect;

2006/10/9, Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya <meor dot ridzuan at gmail dot com>:
Salam,

> Beside: The Holy Quran is under the public domain. Not sure how can one re-license that.

That is why I created the text that I use not from existing text. I've
released it only once, but forgot under which license. Basically the
text I use is not under public domain, and different with all other
text, it has full diacritics marks, and the spelling is compliant with
Rasm Uthmany, as far as I know (except for few characters, like yeh vs
alef maksura).

Regards.