License Islamic Holy material

Title: License Islamic Holy material

Hi List,

    I was made aware that licensing Islamic holy material (such as Quran text, or Hadith) is problematic, as we need to make it legally impossible for someone to change and redistribute it. Yet we need to release under under a free usage license.

My understanding, is that this is a current problem, that is yet to be solved. I have reviewed many open licenses. I think we might acheive our targets using the Creative Commons "Attribution No Derivatives (by-nd)" license. Not being a licensing expert, I would like to hear other opinions. It is my hope, that after this discussion we will have settled on a legal license.

Best Regards