Re: Arabeyes -- a critique

Arafat Medini wrote:

So you need to know how to ;)

Exactly. :)

Well if I recall the projects you mentioned where a little bit
different (dragonflybsd anyone?) I read some of Linuss book about his
biography I don't recall Linux being a one man project...

Linux was actually originally a one man project (it was not until months after his first release that other contributors started rolling in).

Still it will not solve the problems we have for it alone, sure it's
good, I said this many times but saying THIS IS the answer is not
right IMHO...

It is a step towards the right direction.

well I am bored too and I could answer on everyone of your entries...

You also have not provided one answer. Please read up on the technologies OGG provides relative to MP3. The patch/diff system was not always there, look it up. FreeBSD ports, yes, http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/.

Python? It's not just a "scripting language", it provides a lot of power and functionality. Where is the argument? DragonFlyBSD? Yes, http://www.DragonFlyBSD.org, read up on the technologies the project will bring in. qemu? Yes, google it, the translation technologies it uses are much different than what is used in the commercial world.

??? And what does mosaic have to do with Opera? All the code was
scarpped with Mozilla anyway... I know very well every step of the
evolution from Mosaic to Mozilla... by the way the browser itself was
names mosaic like the rendering engine and the toolkit, Netscape was a
browser too if you know it..., which used mosaics rendering engine and
then extended it to raptor which was so buggy and bloated that
everything was scrapped and then mozilla was started an with it gecko
that's why mozi has that nifty T-rex like logo which actually should
be a raptor logo, Mozilla came from Godzilla that's why the mozilla
foundation was sued last year by the japanese TOHO pictures. For
godzilla pls google... So mozilla should be a continuation of the
raptor engine initially... As you see I know my lessons very well...

What does this have to do with the core argument, innovation?

An emulator?? An implementation please... go visit www.go-mono.net

.NET is an implementation from Microsoft. Mono is an implementation of this, or...an emulator.

Oh yes mmmmm KDE makes me shiver with it's file manager, browser,
shell, egg cooker dunno whatever richness... long lives konquerer who
crashed on my machines every 2 minutes.

Nothing robust here.

let's flame the lists... BOAAAHAHAHA...

haha
I think our involvement in this thread at the moment, in this context, is un-fitting to the real topic. Feel free to continue our discussion through private e-mail.