Re: Justification (was Re: Unicode Font Maker)

>  I discovered that tatweels, which are generally undetectable by the
>eye, often prevent a new segment from matching an already translated
>segment, so I have to normalize the text before hitting the database.
>Eventually they will probably allow tatweels to be ignored in matching.

Use of the Tatweel codepoint in Arabic text is not a good idea for exactly the above reason and more. To keep a clean encoding you should keep it out of your text. Encoding tatweel in Arabic text in order to accomodate mediocre editors that can't do spacing right is not really a good idea.

Thanks,
Mete

--
Mete Kural