Arabic punctuation in OpenOffice.org 1.9

Hello. I am typing in Arabic in OOo 1.9.113. I can't get the punctuation to come out right. I get a Latin comma instead of an Arabic comma, even though the paragraph is right-to-left and even though i changed the locale to Arabic: Egypt. I was checking through my mail archives and even notice that i sent a message about this problem to this same list in 2003, for OOo 1.1, but never got a response.

If anyone knows how to get a comma to appear correctly in Arabic in OOo, please let me know. I have opened the following bug in IssueZilla:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: punctuation problem in Arabic with Mandrake 9.1, KDE, andOpenOffice.org 1.1
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:30:40 -0700
From: Leston Buell <bulbul at fizzylogic dot com>
To: general at arabeyes dot org

Hi. Can anyone tell me what to do to be able to use OpenOffice.org 1.1
in KDE on Mandrake 9.1 in Arabic? I think i've made all of the relevant
parameter choices in OOo and in KDE. I can type normally in Arabic,
except that the punctuation comes out as if i were typing in English
(wrong size, question mark backwards, etc.).

I am not concerned about getting the entire interface in Arabic, i'd
just like the ability to type the occasional letter in Arabic with
correct punctuation and numbers.

General mailing list
General at arabeyes dot org