Re: Charset API for C++

Quoting Lemine Abdallahi <lemine dot abdallahi at wanadoo dot fr>:
> You are right. ICU is open source. To be precise, I think it is "IBM open
> source", which is not exactly "open source". It is also, as you mentioned,

dont understand what you mean, if you want a certain feature and the licence
allows it, then go ahead  and use it, I dont see the problem.

> HUGE and
>  I'm afraid it is not easy to learn or simplify.

yeah, and lots of dependencies everywhere...

> Does anybody have some experience using ICU for Arabic ?

I do, but with the bidi features, I probably forgot that by now

try looking at other alternatives from the UNICODE-HOWTO you mentioned, Im
sure they all generate very similar results (if not the same).
I do hear a lot about iconv, so maybe you should look into libiconv a bit
more...

ak.