Re: QaMoose Project admin

--- Ahmad Al-rasheedan <asr at baldi dot cc> wrote:
> On Thursday 14 October 2004 21:01, M Elzubeir wrote:
> > I am curious as to who is now in charge of QaMoose [1] (the site) not
> > the actual program. The content is seriously lacking and I have
> > started to add some words and then started to wonder if anyone is
> > actually reviewing this stuff.
> >
> > Ahmad Al Rasheedan? Are you the one?
>
> Oh I don't deserve to be the one. It has been a long time since
> I did a commit.

Sorry for the late reply - I think Mr. AlRasheedan was the lead on
this topic.  I do believe that without some help and some assitance
its very easy to lose interest and motivation (I'm here to provide
any assistance/guidance I can, but I can't take on these tasks myself).
I, thus, can't speak for Mr. AlRasheedan, but I think we need some
regenerated interest in both QaMoose and in the Wordlist (I've been
looking into and thinking about an Arabic wordlist generation process
to start an Arabic->English wordlist effort and that too will require
some assistance).

In short, we need to reignite all efforts with regard to the wordlist(s).
Keep in mind that once done its always done and will, unlike all the
other translation projects, never change.  Plus these wordlists are a
starting point for SOOO many other projects that many of us have in mind
that it behooves us not to ignore 'em (automatic sentence/paragraph
translation, Internet word associations, etc).