Re: I need your input for the AIG

On Yaum al-Ahad 10 Ramadan 1425 20:51, Arafat Medini wrote:
> Salam and Hello,
>
> I need your input about the Arabic interface guidelines (or whatever you
> want to call it) you can even give me tips on this, as BIG is also not
> right (Bidi interface guidelines... we are not discussing Bidi
> implementations! Rather rtl languages...).

> So what do I want from you?
>
> The "AIG" is some sort of guidelines for writing software that is rtl
> compliant. When switching to an rtl environment this software has to
> behave correctly, it has to show text correctly and it has to adhere in
> the overall appearance of the Desktop, among other creteria... So:
>
> 1- Please list some guidelines YOU think should be in such a paper, and
> thus should be followed by the developer.
> 2- Tell us about your experience using rtl software if you ever did.
> 3- What do you want from rtl software?
> 4- What do you DON'T want from rtl software?
> 5- If you have ANY additional thoughts please let me know.

How is this going to be different than the docs at:
http://imagic.weizmann.ac.il/~dov/Hebrew/logicUI24.htm
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/topics/bidiui/index.jsp
?

Isn't it better to unify the efforts?

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA