Re: Gnats replaces Bugzilla on Arabeyes.org

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 12:08:27 +0300, Thamer Mahmoud <thamer at newkuwait dot org> wrote:

> Which reminds me of a question that only an ex-bugzilla admin might
> know: Does bugzilla support modifying or adding comments to it's
> bugbase through an email interface/gateway?

Actually, there is a possible setup (it's a contrib/ type of thing) to
bugzilla [1]. However, if you have setup bugzilla before, you would
know that this is yet-another long enduring painful process.

> 8. There is a nice Emacs mode for it!

Yup.

A hint though. Export GNATSDB env variable with:

$ export GNATSDB=bugs.arabeyes.org:1529:default:USERNAME:PASSWORD

and then use the send-pr(1), query-pr(1) and edit-pr(1) tools. They
are really nice.

[1] http://www.faqs.org/docs/bugzilla/faq.html#faq-email-mailif

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.openius.com/|