Re: Gnats replaces Bugzilla on Arabeyes.org

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 06:30:59 +0000, Muhammad Alkarouri
<malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
> Salam,
>
> Care to suggest an actual reason, besides its - well - superiority? I am
> asking merely for information..

Ah, I thought you would never ask ;)

1. No MySQL requirement (text-based)
2. Light-weight (compared to bugzilla for sure)
3. Very mature (it's not something that was created yesterday)
4. PR manipulation via send-pr,edit-pr,query-pr tools that can be
installed on any unix/linux box (I don't know about you, but I love
that) -- in essence, any client logging on to the gnatsd server (some
gui clients are out there) will do.
5. Can receive PR's over emails (so simple emails to bugs at arabeyes dot  dot  dot
will be processed into the system
6. Web interface also allows anyone (doesn't have to have an account)
to file a PR. Some people get put off doing things when they have to
register.

and for me:
7. It's not a perl script ;)

Good enough?